Welcome to the sixth week of my journey in the Google Summer of Code program. This week marks another significant milestone as I successfully completed the Roles Module and began working on the Users Module. In this blog post, I will share the updates and achievements from the past week, including the completion of the Roles Module and the progress made in implementing the Users Module.
Roles Module Final Reviews:
During this week, I focused on completing the final reviews of the Roles Module. I carefully examined the module's functionality, ensuring that all the requirements were met and that the code adhered to best practices. With the guidance of my mentor, I made necessary adjustments and addressed any issues that arose.
Started Users Module Implementation:
After successfully completing the Roles Module, I transitioned to the next phase of the project: implementing the Users Module. This module plays a crucial role in managing user accounts within the project. Here are the key highlights of the progress made:
Identifying Legacy Codebase:
To start the Users Module implementation, I thoroughly analyzed the legacy codebase to identify the relevant form fields for adding users. This process allowed me to understand the existing structure and determine the modifications required.
This is the Add Users form from the legacy codebase
Creating the UI Form:
Following the legacy codebase analysis, I created a basic UI form for adding users. The form includes username, suffix, full name, DEA number, tax ID, NPI, provider type, taxonomy, license number, additional details, default facility, and role. These fields provide comprehensive information for managing user accounts effectively.
Next Week's Plan:
In the upcoming week, my focus will be on implementing the functionality of adding users. I will integrate the UI form with the backend logic to ensure a seamless user registration process. Additionally, I will continue collaborating with my mentor to seek feedback and guidance to enhance the Users Module.
The sixth week of my Google Summer of Code journey was productive, as I completed the final reviews of the Roles Module and began working on the Users Module. The successful implementation of the Roles Module and the progress made in the Users Module signify significant advancements in the project. I look forward to the upcoming week when I will be implementing the user registration functionality and refining the Users Module.
Thank you for reading. Please give it a like and subscribe to the newsletter for further updates. 🚀